To be the leading consultancy firm in matters pertaining to Alcohol and Substance abuse and other addictions.
- To free clients from bondage of alcohol and substance abuse and discover ways to live without use of the substances.
- To achieve full physical and psychological recovery.
To support and sustain recovery for all those who seek help in the best way possible.
Substance Use Disorder is usually a complicated issue impacting all areas of one’s life including schooling, work, health, families, and relationships. This has become a major issue globally, regionally, at country level and almost every day one can hardly miss news or information on drug abuse in schools, drug and human trafficking, crime or people caught in some kind of drug business both locally and at international levels.
The society is always hopeful that an individual battling with drugs or alcohol addiction will at one time reach out for help. Hence the reason why at Elewa Ulevi we have been instrumental in initiating drug abuse awareness and cessation programs, establishing support mechanisms such as peer counseling, individual, group counseling, adolescence counseling and mentor ship programs, family therapy, assisting organizations implement the workplace policy and carrying out baseline surveys to enable us come up with evidenced based programs for our clients.
As we offer outpatient treatment, we will provide the benefits, the types of outpatient treatment and services, the differences between outpatient and inpatient and how to prepare a client for outpatient treatment. Depending on the individual needs, outpatient treatment is appropriate for those individuals whose condition is sufficiently stable, symptoms are mild and are willing to participate in the treatment plan.
Our outpatient program offers a unique approach to services that incorporate several types of support services to help individuals with drug and alcohol problems. These include:-
- Individual, family, and/or group counseling.
- Informational sessions
- Drug and alcohol education.
- Recovery support
- Parents and students sensitization
- HIV and AIDs counseling support programme
- Drug Screening
- Adolescent Mentorship
- Workplace Trainings
- Empowerment & Capacity Building
- Outreach programmes for Schools, Churches and the community through Mass and social media
- Behavioral counseling is also part of our outpatient treatment plan.e.g
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – where individuals learn to recognize and steer clear of situations that may lead them to drug or alcohol use.
- Contingency management – where individuals learn to abstain from drugs or alcohol through incentives and rewards.
- Motivational interviewing – where individuals are assessed on their willingness to make positive change and begin treatment.
Goals of our Services
- Diagnose or evaluate mental and emotional disorders of individuals and administer programs of treatment
- Observe client in various situations; select, administer, and interpret intelligence, personality, or other psychological tests to diagnose disorders and formulate plans of treatment, and provide consultation to other mental health professionals with regard to test results.
- Help clients define goals and plan action to achieve personal, social, educational and vocational development and adjustment
- Treat psychological disorders to effect improved adjustments utilizing various psychological techniques; selects appropriate treatment approach and plans frequency, intensity, and duration of individual, group, and family therapies.
- Assess client progress and modify treatment programs accordingly; communicate with and counsel family members as appropriate.
- Document therapy in accordance with policies and procedures regarding medical records; implement and adhere to policies which ensure client confidentiality.
- Provide crisis intervention in situations requiring immediate psychological treatment.
- Participate in educational programs, in-service meetings, clinician meetings, and workshops to enhance professional development and maintain currency of methodology and techniques.